Carl D. Aframe is a local Worcester lawyer, through and through. He graduated from the Classical High School in 1964. After graduating from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 1968 with magna cum laude distinction and as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honors society along with Mr. Goodwin, Attorney Aframe went on to serve as a US Air Force sergeant at the Defense Language Institute in Saigon, Vietnam from 1969-1970. Attorney Aframe obtained his JD from the University of Pittsburg and was admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and the Federal Courts in 1977. Before forming Aframe & Barnhill in Worcester in 1983, Attorney Aframe was an Associate with local Worcester firms such as Kressler and Kressler (1977-1980), Labovitz and Associates (1980-1982) and Seder and Chandler (1982-1983). Attorney Aframe has been practicing locally as a consumer bankruptcy attorney from 1978 -2011 in Worcester continuously. No lawyer with offices in Worcester County can say the same. Attorney Aframe formed the Worcester County Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section in 1988 and has headed this committee for 15 of the last 23 years and is presently serving his third stint as either chairman or co-chairman.
Since 1994, Carl Aframe has been the only attorney in Central Massachusetts continuously certified in Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law Worcester by the prestigious American Board of Certification the only nationally recognized certifying agency for Bankruptcy Lawyers which was recognized by Congress in the 2005 changes to the Bankruptcy Code.
Membership and Leadership
- Founder and current co-chairman of the Worcester County Bar Association-Bankruptcy Section
- For over 20 years, Carl Aframe has either attended or facilitated monthly meetings of the WORCESTER County Bar Association-Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute member and attendee at 20 local conferences over the last 33 years
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys member and attendee at various conferences
- Judge James F. Queenan retirement committee member
- Co-chairman of the Judge Joel B. Rosenthal retirement committee
- Massachusetts Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee
- Turn Around Management Association member
- American Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- Lecturer on numerous occasions for the Boston Bar Association, WORCESTER County Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
Fleet Mortgage Group Inc. v. Kaneb, 196 F.3d 265 (1st Cir., 1999)
Burgess, In re, 955 F.2d 134 (C.A.1 (Mass.), 1991)
Over 33 years of practice as a consumer bankruptcy attorney with offices located in Worcester.